First of all... Introduction.

Hey you!

Since this is my first post, let me ramble a little.

It's the year 2020, April 18th to be exact. I'm at home under the Corona Virus lockdown with nothing to do but write. Let's say this blog is a product of what the boredom is doing to me. I'm home all day and believe me, I've been writing up a storm. Then I thought, I could tell others my stories too.

Simply put, I love to write. It's one of the few things I'm good at. Like laughing. I love to laugh too. Let me go back to what I was saying.

So I've never blogged before; this is my first time. And frankly, I don't care how many get to read this, as long as someone does. That's why I decided to set this up, so I could tell stories here.

Basically this is what I'm saying: If you don't read, or like stories, don't bother to read the next post. Just recommend to a friend of yours that likes to read. THIS BLOG IS FOR STORYTELLING.

Now, in case you're wondering about the title of the blog, let me explain.

“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape..." - Nora Ephron

That simple quote by Nora totally explains why the title of this blog is so. I agree with her that reading is an escape. i mean, it is for me. Although, I've been using writing as an escape, recently I felt I should give others the privilege of escaping too, with my writing.

So this is an escape room.  A place to get lost in a story.

Lastly, about the blog address, thestoriteer.blogspot.com...

I coined a new word for that :D In my opinion, writers are entitled to add to the dictionary if they so please. We can make up new words as we go to suit our literary whims. And that's what I did. Afterall, if you are a true writer, it means you love words. And if you love words, it means you have been charged with the sacred duty of protecting it, maintaining it and increasing its influence in the world. Therefore, you can create your own. That's that.

The word "storiteer" comes from two words: 'story' and 'teer' (like from the word, "musketeer", which literally means a wielder of musket). I'm sure you must have put two and two together. I'm a "story-teer", a wielder of stories.

Now, if I managed to convince you, hurrah! Move on to my next post where I begin my storytelling. Believe me, it's going to be a good one. Sit tight!


xoxo,
Ava.

Comments

Popular Posts